BENJAMIN DOMB, M.D.
Dr. Benjamin Domb is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine and Hip Arthroscopy. He graduated with honors from Princeton University, and was at the top of his class at John Hopkins School of Medicine, the #1 medical school in the country. He has been rated amongst the Top Doctors in the USA by the NY Times, US News & World Report, and Castle Connelly. He is the founder and Chair of the American Hip Institute Research Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating, innovating, and improving the minimally invasive treatment of hip injuries.
Dr. Domb has treated numerous professional, Olympic, and elite level athletes, including NFL, NBA, and NHL players. He has cared for the Los Angeles Lakers, Dodgers, Kings and Galaxy, and served as Head Team Physician for the WNBA Chicago Sky. Dr. Domb is amongst the most experienced Hip Arthroscopy surgeons in the world, and was the first surgeon in the United States to perform outpatient Robotic Hip Replacement. He is the inventor of cutting edge techniques in hip arthroscopy to repair injuries such as a torn labrum, impingement, and gluteus medius tears. Dr. Domb treats patients from across the country who travel to Chicago for their surgery, and he takes pride in caring for every patient like a professional athlete.
- A., Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, #1 medical school in the United States
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Cornell University Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, #1 Orthopedic Surgery Residency in the United States
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine Surgery, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship, Hip Arthroscopy and Joint Preservation
- Nashville Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Nashville, TN
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, Switzerland
- Steadman Clinic, Vail, CO
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
- Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery of the Hip
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip (Anterior Approach, Robotic-Arm Assisted)
- Cutting-Edge Regenerative Medicine (Stem Cell, PRP)
- Founder and Medical Director, American Hip Foundation (AHI)
- Chair, American Hip Institute Research Foundation (AHIRF)
- Clinical Faculty, University of Chicago
- Head Team Physician, Chicago Sky
- Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Lakers
- Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Kings
- Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Galaxy
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons (ABJS)
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) Best Poster Award –Non-Arthroplasty, 2018. Effect of the Trendelenburg Position on Perineal Pressure during Hip Arthroscopy: A Prospective Single Institution Study of 50 Consecutive Patients.
- Orthopedics Blue Ribbon Article Award. 2016. Accuracy of Component Placement in Robotic-Assisted Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- US News & World Report “Top Doctors” Award, 2012-15.
- Castle Connolly “Top Doctors” Award, 2012-15.
- NY Times “Top Doctors”, 2013.
- Arthroscopy JournalPrize: Best Video Published in 2010. Partial Thickness Tears of the Gluteus Medius: Rational and Technique for Trans-Tendinous Endoscopic Repair.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) Stephen J. Snyder Excellence in Teaching Award, runner-up.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting Scientific Exhibit Award of Excellence, 2008.
- Outstanding Scientific Exhibit Award, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- Joseph Collins Scholarship for academic excellence, 2000-01.
- Henry Strong Denison Scholarship for excellence in research, 2000.
- Maryland State Professional Student scholarship, 1999.
- Fulbright Scholar, 1997.
- Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society.
999 E Touhy
Des Plaines, IL 60018